Friday, June 13, 2008

Date Night

I meant to blog about this earlier but I tend to put things off for a long time and then forget. So since I am always so bored at work I thought why not do something productive, even if it isn't productive for the company....

My birthday was in April and Charlie surprised me with tickets to see Phantom of the Opera here in Sacramento. I love the theatre but have only been a few times. I fell in love with the story of Phantom when I saw a high school performance of it. Then of course the movie was good too, but I have always wanted to see it live. Not many of you know Charlie, but he is NOT your theatre going kind of guy. He would rather watch football or wrestling (WWF or whatever they call it now). So when I saw two tickets I figured he wanted me to take my mom or a friend. Nope he wanted to experience something new with me. I have been so blessed with him in my life. I have never had a man treat me the way he does, he really will do anything for me.

The play was on Wednesday, May 28th, and we started the night at our favorite Mexican Restaurant which also happens to be the sight of our first date.

We had a wonderful dinner and then proceeded to the show. We were a bit early so we took a nice walk around capitol park, I would have taken more pictures but I had forgotten to charge the camera battery and I didn't want to waste it, of course now I wish I had taken some of the capitol, it was beautiful at sunset. Anyway we found our seats which were perfect, in the middle of the grand tier where I could see the entire stage. The play was amazing. Charlie actually enjoyed himself and even said he wouldn't mind seeing another one sometime, maybe even something at Music Circus. Over all I had a wonderful time with my wonderful husband and best friend. I love you so much Charlie and I hope that I show you that every day for the rest of our lives. You are my one and only, and I can't believe you actually picked me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm glad you guys enjoyed it, cause i didn't like it all that much this year. maybe your actresses were different then ours.