Saturday, June 28, 2008

Why me? Why Now?

Okay so I should start off and say that I need to be counting my blessings and not playing the pity party card, I know that I have a lot going for me in my life but just when things start to go right something bad happens. I started going back to church and living the way God wants me to and actually got Charlie to go to. For those that don't know, my husband Charlie is not a member of the church. He has amazing faith and is very open to the gospel which is also a huge blessing, but we hadn't been to church since our wedding. Anyway, we start going to church, reading the scriptures and all that other good stuff. I had three jobs and even tho I hated the one the paid the bills, I was going to stick with it. On Monday night I got really sick. Sicker than I had been in a really long time. I couldn't keep anything down. I called in sick to work (the job I hate) because I knew I would spend most of my day in the bathroom. I was in bed all day Tuesday and Tuesday night it got worse. I thought I was going to die, or maybe I wanted to die because the pain was so bad but I knew I wasn't going to get any sleep and would again spend the next day in the bathroom as well. I called and left a voice mail message for my boss that I wouldn't be in on Wednesday either, but that I was sorry and hoped I would feel better by Thursday so I wouldn't miss anymore time. Wednesday morning around 10 am I get a call from my boss. First, I am finally asleep and some what comfortable, and second I really didn't know quite what was going on. Anyway, he says to me that he feels it is time for BSES and Amy to part ways. Half asleep I finally realize what he is saying, he is firing my over the phone when I am feeling near death. I guess I was quiet for too long cause he says "did you hear me?" Um I think what you are saying is that you no longer want me to work for you? Well the market is REALLY slow right now and I don't have anything to do when I am there but WHO fires, or "lets someone go" when they are sick? I just don't get it. Now of course I don't want HIM (boss man) to think he got to me, so I don't cry until after we hang up, but come on, I am sick, I am sleepy, and I just lost my job. Even if I did HATE the place and pretty much everyone that worked there, I was already emotional.
So it is Saturday and the only good thing that has come from this, besides not having to work at a place I hate, is that my little sister just had her third baby in Utah and we have a family reunion out there in two weeks. Before, I wouldn't have been able to go because I could never get time off but now, I have all the time in the world. Of course I have to find another job and soonish but it will be nice to get out there and see family and not have to worry about seeing BSES again. The other good thing is I wouldn't have been able to go back to work on Thursday. I thought Tuesday night was the worst of it but I had NO idea what I was in for. Here it is Saturday and I finally feel some what normal. I ate today for the first time in four days. Even tho I didn't eat for that time, I don't think I lost any weight. BLAH!
So, I am going to Utah for a mini vacation and then it is full force ahead to find a new job. Wish me luck.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Amy! I am sorry about your miserable day! Some of the most terrible times in my life have, in the long run, turned out to be huge blessings. The Lord knows how to test us, doesn't he =) We live in Ogden! Not far at all from your family!

Kari said...

I know how sick and work doesn't go well together. It's the worst, and sorry you had that happen! My little brother tells me this... "alot to think about, but nothing to worry about."
Don't worry about finding a new job, it will just make the process harder. Try your hardest, but have faith that you'll get one! love ya! and looking forward to hear from you!

Julia Deaver said...

Amy,
Sorry about losing your job! I know it seems at times when we are trying our hardest that we get knocked down, but I have learned that those are the times when the Lord is teaching us to lean on him even more. He is there for you and I know that this is the best time to come closer to him! What a blessing in disguise!!! I love you girl! I am so proud of you! I know that another job will come and I know that babies will come too! Don't worry!!! LOVE YA GIRL!