Thursday, October 23, 2008

Hospital Visits

So far I have been to the hospital twice with this pregnancy and I am only 13.5 weeks along. My first visit was Sept 13th, I was having sever pains on my right side and couldn't hardly stand up straight. I was afraid it was ectopic which I think I talked about in an earlier post, but the second time was this last Tuesday. Charlie came home like he normally does at 8:30 and woke me up to get ready for work. I got ready to get in the shower when I realized I was bleeding, quite a bit. I had no pain which scared me even more because of my past experience with miscarriage. I called my Dr.'s office and they told me to go to the ER now. We got to the ER around 10am and didn't leave there until 4pm. I had an ultrasound and everything looks fine with the baby. Very active and healthy heart rate. About half way through our ER visit I start to get the same pains I had in Sept. After 6 hours in the ER and lots of blood work later, they send me home with a diagnosis of Threaten Miscarriage. Which pretty much means nothing to me. They tell me that the baby looks and sounds fine so why tell me its a possible miscarriage. I am told to go home and rest and follow up with my OB. So yesterday I am still bleeding and in pain and I go see my OB who tells me there is nothing wrong with the baby but she has NO idea what is causing the bleeding or the pain. So here I am, still bleeding and STILL in PAIN!! and there is not a dang thing I can do about it, except take Tylenol and really that does NOTHING for the pain. I just hope it gets better and will be an easy pregnancy from here on out or I don't know if I can do it again after this one.

6 comments:

The Esslinger Family said...

From the nurse in me FYI some people still have periods during pregnancy, but definitely keep close eye on it, follow up with your OB, and take it easy, feet up and relax, try to decrease and EXTRA stress(easier said than done!) From the mom in me it is very scary, I miscarried between my boys, and unfortunately there was nothing I could do. But nature has a way of working things out. We will be thinking of you!

The Kelly Family said...

I hope you and your baby are doing okay. That is a crazy story. I hate going to the hospital. I just made our blog private. Send me an email at ryan.jen.kelly@gmail.com and I'll send you an invite.

Julia Deaver said...

Amy! I am sooo sorry! I am not sure why they wouldn't know what to do or why it was happening!?!? That would scare me too! I hope that you are feeling better now and that your baby is still growing strong! Did you know that we are only like a week apart!?!?!? We are going to have babies at the same time! How fun! Oh and trust me, no matter how hard your pregnancy is, you will want to do it again and again.... it is a sick game God plays on us! I remember having just had danny and I seriously wanted to get pregnant and do it again like the next day! Crazy, I know! You will love that baby so much nothing can keep you from wanting another!
Keep us updated on how you are doing! Love ya!

Julia Deaver said...

Try unisom sleeping pills, I take one every single night, it is the only relief I get! I would never be able to sleep without them. I had really bad problems sleeping with my first and the whole 9 months were miserable! I am soooo glad that I take these now, they have given me my life back, and they help you sleep through the pain! I totally recommend them, ask your doc but my doc says they are good while you are pregnant. Hope your headache gets better soon!

Jeff and Kristy said...

Amy, keep your head up. Pregnancy is hard but just remember the end product. I hope everything goes well and that's good advice from Andi!

Kari said...

AMY - where's an update? I need an update. can you give me you email address?