Monday, March 30, 2009

Sydnee Grace Onai



Here she is. She came Friday night at 8:23 after a C-section. My water broke around 4:30 that afternoon and I wasn't having any contractions. She had been in the breech position for the last three weeks so they took her c-section. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. She weighed 4 lbs 15 oz and they wisked her away to the special care nursery. I didn't get to see her until about 1 Saturday morning. Charlie had gone back and forth between her and I and took the first pictures of her.


They brought her in to me and we tried breastfeeding but she was too tired. We were really lucky to have her stay with us in the room and because I had a c-section I had my own room. She weighed 4 lbs 12.5 oz at 24 hrs old and then 4lbs 10.6oz today before we left. She is tiny but very strong. She has good control over her neck and head and loves to kicked you and straighten her little bird legs.
.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

so tiny! what a doll. i hope you're doing well. make sure to post LOts of pics.

Kari said...

CONGRATS!!!!! You look great. ANd she's beautiful. Wow... What a new adventure. So... you need to kepp us updated on life, and how it's going. Can't wait to hear more. I'm so CRAZY happy for you. And so tiny. But such a pretty baby. I guess this makes me want one... So fill me up with stuff so I can live through you! Love you AMY.

The Esslinger Family said...

Congrats! She is beautiful! How come the Busath girls get big huge babies and the Bacchus girls cute little small babies??!! Good luck to you, these next couple weeks will be exhausting, but cherish them because it goes by fast! We want lots of pictures!

Julia Deaver said...

Congratulations! What a blessing! I am so excited for you to be a mommy! I know you will do a great job and you are going to love it! I hope you rest up and start to get your energy back soon!

Unknown said...

She is beautiful! Her head is so perfect and round! That is so awesome. Congrats!

The Kelly Family said...

Congratulations! Sydnee is adorable!

Jeff and Kristy said...

Congratulations! She is so cute. Carson is the same way with straigtening his legs, it's a blast changing diapers. I hope you recover soon.

Shante said...

congratulations to the both of you! what a tiny little angel. and I'm sure you'll be an amazing mom.